Friday, August 25, 2023

English and Me

 

source : https://pin.it/7BLeN7O

Hello everyone! ♡

Welcome to my very first writing in my very first blog also~ And in this very first post, I will tell you a story about when I discovered English as a different language. I'm sorry if it's not enjoyable, this is my first time after all (⁠´⁠ε⁠`⁠ ⁠)

It's started back when I'm 5, CDs are at it's peak, they are so popular, everybody listened to CDs and you can find them wherever; bookstores, grocery stores, traditional market, even the side of the road. Basically wherever.

source : https://pin.it/4ReQGi9

So my dad is a huge fan of Metallica after he bought a CD of their hottest songs. He loves it so much he plays it everyday. I'm so sick of it until I I realize there's not a single words I understand. "Yah, jane iku do ngomong opo toh?" (translate : "Dad, what are they saying?") I asked. And he replied that they're saying in English. That's the time when I discovered English as a real thing.

source : https://pin.it/6QG8lmX

The one who taught me English is my mom. She's an elementary school teacher, she make sure to properly taught me English because she thought learning it at an early age would be good for me and my future.
Like an innocent kid I was, I feel like learning other language than Bahasa Indonesia and Jawa will make me cooler than all of my friends (⁠ ⁠´⁠◡⁠‿⁠ゝ⁠◡⁠`⁠)

But of course there's some times I hate English and think that it's so frustrating. Especially when I can't understand the topic and contexts (re : grammar and tenses). And also there's time when I feel like English is to boring for me just because I have good grades, but of course it's just my cocky side. I realize I need to improve my English. In fact, my level is waaaay too low compared to my friends in this major. That's why I need to improve my English so I don't get left behind by the others.

source : https://pin.it/25nryqJ

Of course I'm not stay still and waiting for the miracles. I improve my English skills by practice to write and speak regularly, expand my vocabulary, and learning it with the fun way such as; watching movies, listening to the music, and reading manga in English. Especially in this sophisticated era, we must make the best use of it. There's so much apps and website we can use to improve English skills practically in the most convenient and easy way.

That's all, thank you so much for reading until the end, I really appreciate it (⁠ ⁠;⁠∀⁠;⁠)
I hope you have a nice life (?) and God bless us all (⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠♡




No comments:

Post a Comment

Suit Up!

 Hello hello hello! ⁽⁠⁽⁠ଘ⁠(⁠ ⁠ˊ⁠ᵕ⁠ˋ⁠ ⁠)⁠ଓ⁠⁾⁠⁾ In this blog, I will pretend to be someone else, a main character, as in the stories that I...