Thursday, October 19, 2023

My Choice

 Hello hello there~┌⁠(⁠★⁠o⁠☆⁠)⁠┘

It's very nice to see you again, I hope you always have a good life to live on!

In this blog I want to share to you about the choice that I made between My Emoji Story, Sketch It, and Acrostic Poem to stories that I've read and listened. I choose My Emoji Story for this blog, I hope you enjoy it \⁠(⁠ϋ⁠)⁠/⁠♩

The first story: 

Source: http://www.oxfordgradedreaders.es/product/the-happy-prince/

The Happy Prince is a book written by Oscar Wilde. It's an Oxford Graded Readers Book, the level is starter with 250 words and 37 pages. The genre is children's literature. The book is about a golden statue of a smiling prince with blue sapphire eyes and red ruby attached to his sword. He can easily saw a whole city and the activites from the people, but The Happy Prince can't help but crying when he saw people in the city are financially struggling. One day he met a little swallow, and he ask the swallow to deliver his sapphires, ruby and gold pieces in hope it can help the people in need. 


Source: https://pin.it/755zpnt

This is the emoji that I've chose: The Crying Emoji. It best describes the story because it's just too sad and heartbreaking. The way The Happy Prince gave his valuables to help people in need is touching. Although it can be very detrimental to himself, but he still chose to give it all to the city people and give up to his happiness because he think their happiness is his happiness too. Also I'm very touched by the little swallow's sacrifice, he willing to give up to his previous plans just to make The Happy Prince's wishes come true by delivering things to city people.


The second story: 

Source: https://youtu.be/sxgWHDypgFU?si=_hvYjURtJMz43w94

Soapy's Choice written by O Henry is a level A2 Elementary story with 1225 words. The length is 13 minutes and 3 seconds, the genre is comedy, slice of life, and the channel name is English Stories. The story is about a homeless poor man in New York named Soapy who wants to be in prison during the winter because he thinks the prison is such a warm place with a nice free food and good friends. Then he started to looking for a way to get him arrested by the police and enjoy his sentences in warm prison. 


Source: https://emojipedia.org/face-with-open-eyes-and-hand-over-mouth

This emoji shows wide opened eyes to express shock while a hand is covering the mouth area. I think it's very suitable to describe my expression after listen to this story. I'm grinning and giggling for the entire story thinking that Soapy is such a silly man but my face is changing faster than Usain Bolt when I finally knew the ending. Who knows that it is so easy to be arrested by the police. Well, maybe with Soapy doing nothing is considered as a crime. Maybe with him being alive on earth is already a crime. What do you think? (⁠*⁠﹏⁠*⁠;⁠)


So this is the end! ´⁠◔⁠‿⁠ゝ⁠◔⁠`⁠)

Thank you so much for sparing your time to read my scribble scrabble, I'm forever be grateful! (⁠っ⁠.⁠❛⁠ ⁠ᴗ⁠ ⁠❛⁠.⁠)⁠っ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suit Up!

 Hello hello hello! ⁽⁠⁽⁠ଘ⁠(⁠ ⁠ˊ⁠ᵕ⁠ˋ⁠ ⁠)⁠ଓ⁠⁾⁠⁾ In this blog, I will pretend to be someone else, a main character, as in the stories that I...